Friday, December 4, 2009

A Year of Firsts

I have been in living in Gensan for almost a year, turning one in the same day as Manny Pacquiao's birthday. So many things have happened over the past - I had my first bloggers' EB at Coffee Club 101, my first field work as a corn breeder, my first time to live alone after many years of being a graduate student, my first time travel from south to north of Mindanao in one day. I also graduated with my PhD last June and took my first zip line ride. I did a lot cooking and concentrated on tuna dishes. The biggest challenge of all has been getting adjusted to Magandang Gensan's way of life. It has also been like coming out of my shell when it comes to being a food blogger, getting recognition from the Philippine Blog Awards as well as being considered one of The Year's 10  Best Local Food Blogs.

What do I like about living in Gensan? New found friends that made me sane and many activities to look forward to. This weekend, it's a PBA game. Next week it would be Sarah Geronimo - the Next One Concert - the last leg of her Philippine Concert Tour. Again, GenSan News Online Mag is leading the way in giving free tickets to watch the show! How? By answering the challenge of 5 Reasons why you should watch ‘The Next One Concert’ BLOG Contest.



So here are my reasons:

1. It would be another first for me - I have never watched a pop concert before, confining myself to classical music and the like.
2. I want to have a look at the GenSan music scene, how active Generals are in activities such as this.
3. Give a chance to meet Sarah, I would love to cook for her my tuna dishes!
4. It would be great to watch Sarah perform in person as I have been amazed at her singing prowess for a few years now.
5. Give me two tickets, so I can invite a guy I'm interested in! :)

Now, aren't those reason enough?


The people behind the successful SideA, Air Supply and David Pomeranz concerts this year is again bringing this big event to GenSan - Michael Wee’s Dreamwork Ventures has been leading the concert scene in bringing to the Generals the best entertainment. Who else are performing with Sarah? Mark Bautista and Billy Crawford so the show's going to be a triple treat to everyone. Besides, prices are affordable at P300, P750 and P1500 and what with all the other performers (JR, Simon Wood, Jimmy Marquez), you can't loose!

Other sponsors are Cebuana Lhullier, Jollibee, Sony Ericsson, Belo Essentials, Magnolia Fruit Drink, Skechers, Sunsilk, Vaseline, Ladies Choice, Careline and Charmee.

Local partners are the Local Government of GenSan, Grab A Crab Restaurant, Coffee Club 101,East Asia Royale Hotel, Giacomino’s, Gregoria Printing Press, New York Fries and Dips, Gaisano, Miso Hardware, Skycable and High Frequency Productions.


Tickets are available by calling the following #s (083) 554-5430, 301-0555, 0917-3639191, 0932-4344794.

So see you all at concert!





2 comments:

  1. Got it!

    Thanks for joining!

    Check back for updates!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pwede na ka makadate ana hehe.u have 2 tickets na...congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. Have a great day!